Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bend or Bust

I spent quite a lovely day yesterday in Bend. I ran errands in the morning and found a hacky sack that should work for the G-man. I wrote some letters home and got everything mailed off. After, I headed down to the river. The Deschutes in Bend is kinda like Town Lake in Austin. It runs through the city and has an awesome hike & bike trail that goes along side. I treated myself to a nice, easy 6 mile run. I broke my bike and decided I should run anyway so Gilbert doesn't yell at me next week :)

The temps were quite toasty here yesterday (somewhere around 80-85 degrees) so naturally I had to take a dip in the river when I was done. Aftre, I broke open the cooler and had lunch by the water. Sometime during lunch I realized that the Deschutes Brewery was only a few blocks away and the last tour of the day was soon happenin'! I finished quickly and headed over to the brewery. That was fun! Right off the bat they give you 2 samples of beer, your choice to walk the tour with :) I opted for their Inversion IPA since I have never seen that before and their Black Butte Porter 22, something you can't get in bottles. The tour was way cool and then...we got more beer!!! I opted for the Spelt Beer cause that sounded cool and something else I can't remember.

After the tour was done I headed over to 10 Barrel brewery, a very local beer pub in Bend. It was ladies night which meant a buck off their beers. They were also having a big, ladies bike race and there was betting and door prizes and all sorts of fun stuff going on. The crowd was huge and fun and I ended up winning a water bottle and cage for my broken bike.
I crashed last night in the national forest and am currently having coffee and a yummy pastry at Sparrow Bakery. I start the long journey home today. Looks like the Sloan pull is too strong and I will be taking the southern route home :)

later gater, rob

No comments:

Post a Comment