Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Farmers Market

Yesterday the Gucciones (aka 'Ithcyonnes') came over to swim and have dinner. There were a few new recipes I had been looking at that I wanted to try. We picked up some grass fed beef from a local rancher as well as some tomatoes and eggplant at the farmers market last weekend. So I included it to make 1) Korean style short ribs 2) grilled eggplant with a tomato basil relish 3) lime and cilantro coleslaw 4) romaine salad with a bacon balsamic vinaigrette 5) flank steak with prosciutto and Gouda. Everything was tasty but the flank steak was too tough IMO. Diane brought over some delicious cupcakes and banana cake and I also made some homemade cookies and cream ice cream. We played catch phrase for most of the evening and had a great time. Like I said before, summer is time to catch up with friends I don't get to see nearly enough!

This morning I went out to the garden and noticed the tomatoes are about to explode. I also noticed there was a couple of red birds (I don't think they were cardinals but ?), that were trying to eat the yellow 'maters. I ended up putting some of last year's netting over the plants and hopefully that will be enough to discourage the birds from feasting on our hard earned produce!!


A couple of pics from this morning...a cicada and the sun coming up on the back deck...




later, rob

1 comment:

  1. Hey Robyn, It was great seeing you and your family. The dinner was delicious!

    ReplyDelete