Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summer Breeze

Summer means a lot of things not the least an association with travel, friends, swimming, birthdays, adventure and much, much more.
I can't keep up a yearly, daily, whatever blog. I don't have the patience nor the discipline. But after blogging our adventures last summer it seems a really great way to stay in touch with my family and friends. I am picking a random point to start...this week seems as good as any since it already involved activities I only do in the summer.

I was originally gonna do Juan Pelota's 2nd Moonlight Tower Constellation Tour with my friend Pascale but she wasn't feeling good at the last minute so I went myself. Cathy was at a Friday night swim meet with Dani and Garrett was being a lazy teenager. I knew that the ride started at the Zilker Tree because that is one of the more famous Moon Towers in Austin but for some reason I went to Mellow Johnny's instead (this is where the ride ended). I was running late and had to park a zillion miles away because it was friday night on 6th street and the crowds were already crazy. I got to the shop right at 8:15 when the ride was supposed to start except I was about 2 miles off-doh! Let's just say I spent the next hour and a half doing interval training :) The group ride alluded me until 41st and Speedway where the now dark night showcased all the red blinkies in the distance. I finally caught up and found some friends that were like "where in the world did you come from?" Ha, playing catch up!!
It was all good and we ended the ride together. There was cold beer and a summer breeze at the end of the ride...excellent!

1 comment:

  1. I was feeling like crud and so bummed, too, at least we would have played catch up together! P

    ReplyDelete