Saturday, July 31, 2010

A little bit of this, a little bit of that....

Lot's of fun stuff since getting out of the mountains. Thursday night I had made reservations at Tilth, a restaurant that was owned by one of the top chef masters the kids and I had seen on TV this spring. Gayla and Maury were heading over to Ivar's, a Salmon restaurant nearby and we were going to hook up after at Molly Moons...Seattle's equivalent to Amy's Ice Cream.


My dinner was fabulous! I opted for the 5 course tasting menu paired with wine. Everything was yummy but my 2 favorite dishes were 1) a homemade pasta with fava beans and a poached egg on top and 2) a grilled sirloin with grits, polenta cake and green tomatoes.

The ice cream was good but I think Amy's is better :)

Friday Maury, Gayla and I had breakfast out while we waited for the ol' Subaru to get an oil change. Afterward we hit the party store and picked up a few items for the G-man and the loo poo! I am so excited because Garrett has changed his mind and wants to see me at parent day today.

I split Seattle around lunch time. I have a new friend in Maury. He was a superb host, an extremely generous man and I love his humor and wit. Thanks Maury!!

I drove down to Portland to make the 5-9 happy hour at Upright Brewing, a brewery I read about that got great reviews. The beer was really good but not anything struck me as outstanding.

I later went over to Amnesia, another local brew pub that is in the historic Mississippi district. I has an excellent IPA and grilled sausage.


I walked around for awhile then headed towards Eugene. I crashed in a rest stop last night.

Today, I am heading to the Gman!! I can't wait to see his new mo-hawk and smooch all over him! I am bringing lays BBQ chips (by request), fresh fruit, a loaf of homemade banana bread I picked up at The Daily Bread and cash :) I am going to try and pick him up a couple of books also since he sounds like he has gone through all of his.

rob

No comments:

Post a Comment