Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Seattle Times


I left Gayla on Monday and headed to Trent and Tony's to hang for a couple of days. We headed to Serious Pie for dinner, a Tom Douglas restaurant. We started off with a baby lettuce salad with a simple vinaigrette and a tuscan melon, cypress grove chevre, pistachios salad. We then moved onto the pizza! We had the soft egg, house lardo, beacon hill arugula pizza as well as the sweet fennel sausage, roasted peppers, provolone pizza. Both were good but we all agreed the greens on the egg pizza (which by the way you can put an egg on anything and I will adore it!) needed to be salted or lightly dressed. I washed it all down with a schooner exact gateway golden ale, a local beer of course.


Aftrewards, Trent and I went out to Capitol Hill and he took me to the bar that Nirvana used to play at when they were just a regular ol' grunge band.


Yesterday Trent and I went for a bike ride around Union Lake and had lunch at one of the many bakeries in the area. A few chores and a nap in the afternoon and then we walked to dinner at Ravish, a small plate restaurant. We opted for the flank steak skewers, the beet salad and the baked brie with apples and caramel. Trent had a cocktail called Greyhound and I had a gimlet that was made with cucumbers, basil and lime, really delish! We drove over to whole foods last night and I stocked up on some food for the road trip today and scored some of Fran's salted caramels...he he he

I am off today back down to Oregon and making my way to the Gman and whatever fun along the way!

later, rob

No comments:

Post a Comment