Monday, July 4, 2011

The Three Muskateers


I spent the late afternoon/early evening with Gman and his 2 Texas buds on Saturday. They all looked healthy and relatively clean for being in the woods for 2 weeks. Garrett likes his crew this year but unfortunately can't stand his crew leader...a case of the ' be careful what you ask for'! That boy has such a problem with certain types of adults. How to teach a 14, almost 15 year old that he will continue to have these lessons presented until he 'gets it'?


I left the boys and plowed onto Portland. After some great coffee and a pastry made with yummy Washington cherries at Pearl's Bakery. I found Tabor Park which I tooled around in on my bike then headed for Grain and Gristle which I had read about in last month's Food & Wine. The place is a total locavore hangout as they only serve beers, wines and foods from the area. I ordered these potatoes that were sliced super thin and held together with a light cream and house made bacon that I washed down with a Reggae Junkie Gruit from Upright Brewing. After, I made my way to Hopworks Urban Brewery to try the newly released Evelyn's Sunshine beer.



Fat and happy I wrapped the day up with the drive to Seattle to hang with my close friends, Tony and Trent who had moved up there from Dallas last fall. We had local pizza and beer for dinner and ten went back to their fabulous pad to watch the new Kathy Griffin special.

Today we are off for some good ol' fashioned Seattle fun and some 4th of July party's tonight!

later, robvn



No comments:

Post a Comment