Friday, July 22, 2011

LA Live


Yesterday? The best day ever! We had promised Dani that she could get her ears pierced when she was 10. So Jan found a place next to her hair salon that would do it and the whole family went along for support. After, we went across the street for a celebratory donut.

Remember those shoes that I had been hunting for since last summer? Well guess what? They are made in Burbank, California! So the troops all headed to Cydwoq where, after about an hour I picked the style of shoe, the leather I wanted and the address to ship them to...sweet! The kids were amazingly patient.


After what was already shaping up to be the best day after, we headed to Portos, an LA institution. Oh man oh man! The place is a Cuban style deli on one side and a bakery on the other side. We had sandwiches, plantains, desert, mashed potato balls and more. It was a real LA treat!


Fat and happy we grabbed the subway downtown and off we went to the Grammy Museum, my personal favorite. Several hours later the kids dragged me out of the first room, through the rest of the museum and to the Lucky Strike where we waited for Dave to pick the kids up and had drinks and appetizers.


Dave went off with all the kids (thanks Dave!) and Jan and I started the evening at the Ritz Carlton with Martinis and Sushi. Then a subway ride, a rather long urban walk and we arrived at our true destination...Umami Burger. Good god I love this place. Last year the burger brought tears to my eyes. This year I didn't cry but it was just as yummy.

As if we weren't happy enough, Jan and I swung by the Stout bar after Umami. I scored some local brews and Jan and I stayed up past the last subway chatting happily away. A short taxi ride and we were home, sleepy, satisfied and united!

later, rob

No comments:

Post a Comment